Vision and Aims
GREAT THINKING ... GREAT TEACHING ...
The vision of the Great Learners Trust is that all children in the Multi-Academy Trust community of schools are enabled through an outstanding education - regardless of their starting points, their individual learning needs, their level of disadvantage or advantage, their postcode, their family background or their beliefs.
We achieve this through:
We believe that every child can be a great learner -
it is our job to make that happen
Our Values are:
TRUTH, LOVE, FAITH, COURAGE, RESPECT, COMMUNITY
- To inspire all our children with an enthusiasm for learning
- To accelerate children's progress and achievement
- To develop our children as responsible citizens who care about each other and the world we live in
- To grow magic teachers, support staff and school leaders
- To join forces to empower schools through better resources and funding
- To collaborate and innovate, sharing outstanding practice within and beyond our schools
All Great Learners Schools share a core purpose:
A challenge to the idea of “FIXED ABILITY”
A whole school culture of THINKING AND LEARNING
Developing COURAGEOUS AND ADVENTUROUS LEARNERS
Teaching children not “WHAT TO THINK” but “HOW TO THINK”
Every child, every adult is capable of being a Great Learner
We share a determination to promote outstanding education for our children, and a dynamic, enjoyable working environment for our staff. Not just “OFSTED” outstanding, but what we know to be outstanding – a rich, varied, unforgettable, lively and rewarding educational experience for every child in all our schools.
Around this core purpose, each school within the GLT has its own distinct character and identity. We celebrate our diversity and learn from each other.