Our Trust Board
Trust Board Structure and Role
The Board of Trustees is the accountable body for all schools in the Trust, and is responsible for the performance and success of all the GLT schools.
Their key roles are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Trust
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the GLT and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the GLT and making sure its money is well spent
- Ensuring compliance with government and ESFA requirements, company law and charity law
They work with the Local Governing Boards to ensure the continued success of all academies within the Trust. The Board of Trustees delegates many of its functions to each academy's Local Governing Board.
Trustee Role Description
Meet the Trustees
Chair of Trustees, Whistle Blowing Trustee
Dr Peter Westaway
Dr Adedayo Abinusawa
GLT Governance Structure 2023
Trust Board Structure and Remit
The Trust Board has three sub-committees:
- Education committee (Chair Peter Westaway)
- Finance, audit and risk committee (Chair Mike Law)
- Pay review and personnel committee (Chair Joanna Patterson)
Please see the document below for further details.