Changes to GLT Schools Re-opening January 2021 - Update 05.01.21
Following the Government announcement on 04.01.21 GLT schools will remain open for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely until February half term.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice
GLT schools receive daily updates from Public Health England and the DfE and have measures in place which include:
- Risk assessments
- Contingency plans for remote / blended learning in the event of full or partial school closure
- Procedures to keep everyone safe on site including children, staff, parents and visitors to the school
To help you here are some useful links:
Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
but these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
We ask all parents to help us by doing the following for the foreseeable future:
- Provide up-to-date contacts to the school office
- Re-iterate hand-washing instructions to children
- If children have a temperature over 37.5 keep them off school and contact the coronavirus helpline on 0800 046 8687 or NHS 111